View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Default Response

I'm WASN'T asking for anyone to FEEL SORRY FOR ME. I"M A BIG BOY!!! I PAID OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART. IT WAS OBVIOUS THE YOUNG MAN NEEDED THE MONEY........

I was JUST FYI-ing EVERYONE....... AS a FORMER GUIDE! IF ANYONE WASN'T happy with my services, YOU'RE COMING BACK FOR FREEEEE !! PERIOD!!!! OR HALF PRICE.

RULE #1: If your trying to build a BUSINESS , YOU DON'T LIE TO PEOPLE!!!

RULE #2: As for as GUIDING is concerned: If you're trying to build your client base up. YOU BRING YOUR CLIENTS TO A BLIND THAT IS WELL BUSHED & CLEAN AND DRY INSIDE.

I always offered bottled water, and snacks to my customers. NO EXTRA CHARGE. MY BLIND FLOOR WAS SWEEP AFTER EVERY HUNT. PERIOD.

YOU COULD COME IN CHURCH CLOTHES IN MY BLIND. and WE KILLED.

OH yes I know some of you are guides. It's EXPENSIVE TO HUNT PERIOD.

I USED TO SPEND EASILY 7-8 K during duck and goose season for me personnally. I don't hunt as much as I'd like to NOW. BOTH MY SONS ARE GROWN, and don't hunt as much BECAUSE THEY HAVE WIFES TO ANSWER TOO.

Placing and working a 1500 snow, blue, and speck decoy spread was work. Years ago I had friends, and my sons and there friends to help work the spread.

My sunken blind was well bushed EVERYDAY. Especially if I had clients. EVERYTHING( SHELLS, BOTTLES, SHEEL BOXES) was PICKED UP.

I was raised by an awesome dad, who died when I was 10. But he taught me to leave OTHER PEOPLES LAND, SPOT, Blind ETC. Better than you found it.

If you where invited to someone camp. I was raised to always offer help and WORK FOR MY INVITATION. AS in just get up and start to wash dishes, sweep or mop floor before we leave after the hunt. Put out the trash. Help or offer to cut bush?? ETC ETC. Just to name a few examples...

I'm not thumping my chest and patting myself on the back by any means. IF I WAS? WHY on earth would I post this.

I asked that everyone just snicker under there breath and not give me ANY GRIEF.

I didn't or don't want anybody else to be taken.

Thanks

Gunner