View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

i sold both models for 2 years, and work in a repair shop as of right now... my sugestion you just never know... dont get a varimax, they seem to all break... i like the regular 5 speed motors rather than the varible speed models, although its a nice feature the response is just not very good it takes a second for the motor to engauge after you click it on... minnkotas indestructible life time shaft breaks... motorguides stainless one bends, they both fry control boards.... those are like 100 sumthin bux plus labor to repair. they both get water in the foot if the seals go out.... really the biggest thing is good wiring and a good plug on the boat side corrosion is you worst enemy. i think motorguide has more problems as far as manufacturing, like all the varimax contolboards go out. the wireless model had lots of issues, while the minnkota wireless, or copilot really didnt have many issues... in my choice i like minnkota they are quieter, but if you do need to get warrenty work do to it there is no shop who does warrenty work on them in laff. motorguide on the other hand has one in laff. like i said they both break... too bad johnson/evinrude dosnt make one any more....