View Single Post
  #2  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
eracjac61's Avatar
eracjac61 eracjac61 is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jennings, la
Posts: 52
Cash: 671
Arrow More new fresh water

I would stay on the south 3rd of the lake where salinity is highest. Try west cove or the washout areas. If you have a large enough boat, the Jetty's are also a good choice for big reds. Try fishing GULP shrimp or swimming mullet off of the bottom and you should be able to catch some specks/reds/flounder all on that setup. If focussing on flounder, I use a double rig w/one of each. Birds are active on the south end too, so keep your she-dog or favorite topwater handy too, and make sure to EASE into the school of fish. I will be out there tomorrow too, so maybe I'll see you out there! Good luck!l JJ
Reply With Quote