View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

RR are awesome and we have had alot of success with the RR/DPMS combo's at the PD. One thing I want is light weight since we may be deployed with a long gun for hours on a hostage or barricaded subject scenario. I am not a Army soldier in the desert, nor am I a Navy Seal on a mission to a 3rd world country. I need an accurate rifle that can shoot w/o malfunctioning for a short fire fight. I have had my hands on quite a few, and weight was my big issue when I tricked mine out. (Actually, the biggest issue). With that being said, I insured to strip it down as much as possible. I have a lower with no dust cover (not in the desert/jungle), no forward assist (if I have a misfeed, I clear it and re-engage, if it happens again, I do a magazine dump and reload), and no iron sights (I have a scope for long range shots and a small laser/LED light for CQB). It works for me and has functioned flawlessly so far. Now, I have no doubt I would have issues if I was in a sustained firefight for hours where I had to go dump 50-60 magazines. The heat and powder residue would cause jams for sure, but if a street cop ever sees that type of fight we are all in big, big trouble!!!!!