View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
To me from what I believe fishing pressure is not that much of a factor, now will fishing pressure cause you to miss chances for big trout ,,yes that's why you don't catch many big trout on Saturdays as you would say a weekday . I don't believe it drives trout out just spooks them into deeper waters or off reefs .
When a guy big motors on a bank /reef ,throws his anchor , trolls up wind, trolls wide open ...this all plays factor to messing many people up in a shallow lake . But this lake had gill nets and still put out huge trout .....

Let's take Cajunwader, he likes to fish colder months for big trout and he catches them... So his best big trout months are Jan ,Feb..

My best big trout month were I catch the most trout over 7lbs is August , but I know why I catch them because like Bruce who knows the art of Feb I have done the same for August . I catch all them close to the channel like washout, 9mile , WC and long point and about 90% are caught on falling tide.. These bigger trout hang in deeper waters off the channel and will follow bait on high tide up on flats. And when tide starts falling they will retreat back to cooler waters and I catch them all close to channel....

August is a busy boat and fishing month so that tells me big trout are not driven away because of boat traffic .
W, you're coNparin' yourself to Bruce Baugh as far as fishing styles? He is what is called a "big trout hunter". He catches big trout because he thinks like a big trout. I would imagine his idea of a "big trout" is something more than just "over 7 lbs".

You, on the other hand, are a "meat hunter". When someone is on the water as much as you are....they are bound to stumble upon an occasional 'blind sow'. You mentioned that "90% of your "big fish" caught in August are caught on a falling tide. What you failed to mention was......100% of them are caught on live bait.