View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Never said they were more economical. Maybe they are. For the yearly servicing the 4 stroke will cost a little more to service than the DI motors. But you need to constantly by oil for the DI motors which is about $20-25 a gallon. BTW, I do not think 4 strokes are faster. When comparing speed you have to compare apples to apples for a given situation. I am not a fisherman on the bass circuit so I really do not care about blazing speed. For me, if I can get out the hole fast (which I can) and do close to 50 with a full load (which I can) that is all I need. As I stated before I had a 150 Hpdi on my old boat. Good motor. Now I have a 4 stroke. Again, based on my experience, I perfer the 4 stroke. I was once like you and kept talking myself out of buying a 4 stroke on my first boat. One last thing, the only reason I got the Hpdi on my first boat was because the dealer cut me a deal and knocked off $1,750 if I went the DI. If all things were equal or close to equal it would of been the 4 stroke hands down.