Thread: Facebook IPO
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Redfish

Cash: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Outdoors View Post
What pisses me off is the people that want to sue Facebook and the companies that handled the IPO for "overpricing" it. Same thing that pisses me off when people whine of price gouging during hurricanes/natural disasters. Take an economics course, there is no such thing as price gouging. There is a market price, and without an artificial ceiling or floor it takes care of itself.

They priced a stock at what they believe to be market price. Some like myself look at other similar companies(google) that in essence sell the same thing(online advertising) make more money and cheaper price/earnings ratio. I evaluate that data, take into account the market frenzy and hype of the IPO and make an informed decision about whether or not I can profit from it.

If I buy and profit great, if I buy and lose that's my fault. They sold it at market price(what someone is willing to pay), if they had priced it at $100,000 a share it wouldn't have all sold. If the priced it at .10c a share it would have gone in 2 minutes and they wouldn't have raised what they needed. Just because somebody didn't get the pop they wanted and make money doesn't mean Facebook or the companies that priced the IPO are at fault. The BUYER is at fault. Americans need to have some accountability, sometimes humans are WRONG. Take your licks.
I believe Facebook and Morgan Stanley are being sued for withholding and/or concealing vital information related to the company's financials:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/23...-little-worse/