View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
I am trying to figure this out as well. According to one of the research articles posted:

"Because the spawning season lasts so long, and the fish produce so many (larvae), it compensates for any factors that might interrupt reproduction," Shepard said. That dynamic reproduction cycle results in a survival rate that so out-paced the high predation factor, it would be almost impossible for hook-and-line anglers to make a telling difference in their overall numbers, Shepard said."

Seems like a limit change would have very little impact, if any, especially with office fisherman only catching 5 fish
I agree 100%. W is upset that some powerful people changed the limit without as much research as he would of liked. I understand his gripe there, but that does not mean that is the cause for not catching as many big trout.

I think that what you highlighted above proves that oyster issue chiken brought up is way more important than the 15 vs 25 limit. However, Brother W doesn't want to preach that verse from the pulpit i guess.