View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Who care's who spends more time. Quit being an a-hole!!. Everyone here agrees with you about the fishery. It shouldn't have been changed. We all know that. BUT, no one wants to be on your side publicly because of how you are acting. You are just isolating yourself from the rest of us. That's no way to get things done.
This^^^

I am not a stakeholder in Big Lake other than I like to fish there, but when a select few can make new laws without scientific evidence or listening to authorities, it stinks. I would totally be in favor of getting the limit back to 25 on Big Lake, even though it likely will not have ANY effect on growing larger fish, more fish, climate change, prices of rice in China, etc.., but totally FOR changing it back, because there was absolutely no reason to change it in the first place, BUT being very childish about who catches more fish, who knows more because they spend more time on the water, etc ain't gonna cut it. In total support of helping however I can to push the limit change back and passing some sort of legislation that wildlife 'owned' by the public, to be managed by the authorities (biologists) and not from political pressure. If you want to go that route, there would be many more people wanting to help in the quest, but going in there with a huge chip on your shoulder ain't gonna help the cause. Being a good fisherman doesn't mean you are a fisheries biologist, most fisheries biologists have probably never put a boat in Big Lake but I promise you, most of them KNOW whats better for the fishery than W, just by looking at data from the lake. This is the very reason I don't want to have a part in public wildlife management, 1 out of every 4 people thinks they are an expert