View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

You would be crazy too only put a 150 on it. No less than a 200 for either boat. If your leaning toward the sea hunt I'd put no less than a 225. You will definitely need the power when you enter some rougher conditions. You are already spending the money so why get something with minimum power. I don't think you'll ever see 35 mph with a 150. And you'll probably cruise lower than 25mph and if it's rough, the ride will suck at those speeds. You want to be able to crush waves and at 25, you ain't crushing anything.

Btw we have a 1910 nautic star with a 115 opti and the ride is sweet but our speed could be better. We top out in the low 40s with 2 guys and little gas. With 3 guys, full tank, and gear we are lucky to get to 33-35mph top end with a perfect chop. If you have a heavy chop, the too little horse power makes it hard to get on step and stay there. We are trying to find a better prop for our boat,which may be part of our problem. But I wish I had a 150 on our 19' boat to be able to cruise at faster speeds. My next boat will definitely have max hp, I think it would improve te ride of any boat significantly.