View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
This information is wrong, a Louisiana Resident with an out of state Florida permit cannot conceal carry with the Florida permit within Louisiana. Louisiana residents MUST have a LOUISIANA CHP to carry a concealed handgun outside of their private property in the state of Louisiana.

Some of the BEST instructors in the state are:

Alan from Geaux Shootin in Prairieville
Pablo from Estrada Tactical in Breaux Bridge
Barret from Bearco Training in Mandeville

I wouldn't go to just any class, go to a class where you are going to learn something. I have been through classes about 5 times and not all classes are created equal. I only needed the class twice, the extras where freebies or "audits", usually I would demo some holsters or something. If you are in the Baton Rouge area, go with Alan, I love his outdoor range set up, he takes you out into Alligator Bayou where he owns some private land with a range set up and does the qualifier, if you tell him ahead of time and that you want to have some fun after the class, if possible he makes arrangements to have some fun after class.

After class was over we shot USPSA qualifier style courses, brought out the AR15's and did a little "Plinking". Poor bowling pins.

Pablo is a great choice for the Western part of the state.
Then Troop D gives wrong information out. My brother in law and best friend have O/S Florida permit and carry in LA and Texas.