View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter77346 View Post
Congrats on the sweet new ride. Great color combo. You will love the SHO.
Post some numbers after break-in.
What prop did you get?
I absolutely love the SHO. It sounds like a totally different animal and has some get-up and go. It came factory rigged with the 21p 13 3/4 diamater 3 blade Reliance Series prop. I feel like it may be underperforming on my rig right now though. I have never been on another BlackJack with a SHO so I can't say for sure though. I only have 3 hours on the motor and have not opened it up full throttle yet. I have been cruising about 4200 RPMs and getting about 35-36 mph. At 5000 RPMs I'm getting up to about 43 mph. This is with two people and somewhere between 1/2 - 3/4 tank of fuel. Now I haven't gone full throttle so I don't know how many RPMs I will be turning until I do so, but based on what I have seen so far this boat has no chance to get in the ballpark of 60 assuming that I only have 1000 RPMs left (I was told this was a 60 mph boat and low 60s with a light load). I may be wrong as I am still new to this rig but it is a little concerning to me and I feel that something might not be quite right. I thought I would have seen better cruise performance than I did.