Thread: generator
View Single Post
  #32  
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM
cduhon's Avatar
cduhon cduhon is offline
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sulphur
Posts: 458
Cash: 1,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops! View Post
i see a lot of reports on the site about the maintance of the generator. I have seen many people post that they change the oil every 20 hours. Is this just personal preference or is that in your manuals. I just bought a 5000 Genrac and was reading the maintance schedule last night. It says to change the oil after 30 hours when new. Then change the oil every 100 hours or every season. I wouldn't wait till 100 hours but is every 20 hours really needed?? just want your opions.
I do mine every 20 hours and oil is black and broken down. Went to synthetic and works much better as far as breaking the oil down. I would do it as much as needed. Easy to do and quick

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote