View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
brought the franken fighter 15 out today, went to sight it in and do some plinking at sherburne wma. Shot first mag and had 2 miss feeds with american eagle ammo which is federal, then shot 2 mags of tula, no problems at all! then shot 2 more mags of the AE with no problems, they had a few other guys shooting ARs out there one guy had the pro mag 42rd mags, he was having a few extraction and feeding problems, I think its better to stick to 30rd mags they've been around longer and the springs have been proven to keep the right amount of pressure. Also while I was out there meet another member of SC (country boy) who was sighting in his rifles for hunting season.

also one rant about public gun ranges, if you sight your rifle in and leave it on the bench pointing down range the range is hot regardless if it is loaded or not, I never consider a gun unloaded even if the bolt is pulled back. One dumb@ss wanted to tell me otherwise, I was on the opposite side of the range and wasn't walking in front of it but I didn't know if his bolt was in or out or if it was loaded or not, I don't assume its not, accidents happen! when I got there I noticed at least 4 guys walked out there with there guns on a lead sled or a sand bag pointing at them while they made adjustments to there targets down range bad part is there doing this in front of there kids who should be learning gun safety instead of carelessness!
This kind of general lack of "good" gun safety unfortunately is common at Sherburne. I try to get on the outside position to get as far away from other shooters as possible.

What I really don't like......is someone handling their rifle [make sight adjustments ???] while people are down checking targets and the range is suppose to be "clear".

This time of the year the range is usually fairly busy, even during the week.