View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Academy had all ARs pulled off the shelves when I wnet earlier...........whats going to happen to these guns pulled off the shelves?
They'll go back to the manufacturer and will be distributed to another dealer at a much higher retail price with a likely 20% re-stocking fee from the manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I know someone that bought the last bushmaster from academy today after lunch. This is just a bunch of mass hysteria bs. I really hope it blows over.
By 1-13-13 these guns will likely be illegal to purchase new along with any mag over 10 rounds. They have the motion on their side right now and will run with it as long as they can. There are numerous congressmen/women who have vowed that their first order of business in the first 2013 congressional session will be taking these "war-type" weapons off the market, along with magazines capable of more than 10 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Called around Lafayette today just to see and Dave's, Bullets and Bows, and pawn shops were all sold out.
They're nowhere to be found right now. Trust me, I've been looking all over as well as a friend who has been in the business of fine firearms for years.