View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Not wanting to start a peeing match, but what has the dog hunting community come to???? Not that long ago, I was enjoying my redneck friends on dog hunts for deer and cut my teeth in the deer woods with hounds in the basin.

Nowadays, we have them around us and all they do is hunt from the roads and ride around with tracking systems looking at ways to cut a deer off on the next road. They wonder why so many still hunters, myself included, are having ill feelings and calling the law on them. I witnessed a 80# yearling cross our food plot that was running from dogs for 30 minutes. I got down to catch some of the dogs, knowing the deer was crossing the road by where my truck was parked 100 yards away. To my amazement, these POS people that are so worried about their "heritage" did something I consider vile and unsportsmanlike.

This little deer was so stressed when it passed me, it was literally running with his tounge hanging out. A guy with a box full of dogs comes screaming up the road as the deer crossed and dumped another box of dogs on it! I asked him what he was doing and he stated "I know ya'll call the law on us if ya'll catch dogs, now with fresh dogs on his *** you aint' catching jack***". What is the sport in running a deer till it collapses or you get him to cross a road where you can sit in a truck and run him down. Sorry, but my grandfather and his friends surely had more respect for the animals than to hunt like the modern day dog hunter.
Well put.

I like to lean on upbringing...

If the person bringing you up always showed you how to get things done the easy way, guess what? Your motive will always be just that. In turn, this creates an inconsiderate person that will do anything to get what he wants as easy as he can, no matter who or what it affects.

When you are brought up to take pride in accomplishing things that most people can't be successful at, then you automatically are accustomed to do things in a more difficult way - anybody can turn a bunch of dogs loose and hunt like he did, it's the easy way... In doing things the more difficult and prideful way ( which is almost always the traditional way) you are also forced to be more in tune, and consider way more scenarios and surroundings, thus creating a CONSIDERATE mindset.

Nothing wrong with hunting with dogs at all, but the way you describe is wrong to me...

That's my rant.