View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Hunted yesterday killed 23 same area today thousands of ducks but we have 4 goose consentrations close close. Prolly 500yds give or take in all directions. And yesterday new birds were working well like usual not decoy shy(landing way outside) but today you couldn't work a duck. They would come over by the hundreds one after the other even smaller groups going strait to geese on ground. I figure its a confidence thing. Y'all think a rag spread in my goose field (west side) and all ducks on east side may help? This is the only conclusion I can come up with. Tried no calling and everything else even just whistle they would cup over top just to dive bomb geese. Pintail mallards spoons teal everything. In thinking of doing it and I'm sure it won't hurt but anyone else have suggestions so I don't spend hrs putting out n picking up dekes?
I have killed a lot of ducks in a goose spread, but it's still hard to compete against the real thing, but it certainly won't hurt and probably worth a try.