Thread: Edge boats
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I understand that Danny but Edge is a separate corp and profit ctr. If it were my boat, they would see a scorched earth campaign via Internet on every site in America.
Raymond, not really. It is a complicated relationship between Waco and Edge. Edge is flying under the Waco flag for several reasons, one happens to be a no compete clause Tim signed with Excel Boats. Tim started the Excel company, then sold it with a "no compete" clause, so Edge is actually a brand of Waco, not a separate entity.

I know what you mean. If you want to get their attention, go to their facebook page and state your complaints, with pictures. Then go to refugeforums.com to the arkansas forums and start hounding them there. Go where he sells the most boats and start complaining, THAT will get his attention. If the refuge forums give you trouble, and they might, start a thread titled Edge customer service and link it to your facebook page where you state your case. I still say Edge's facebook page is the tender spot for them, they love all the praise, but just like when I complained to the owner when he changed the bottom, he begged me not to go public on the internet with it. I went everywhere I had praised ansd endorsed their boats and stated the problem, I soon got a call from Tim Scott, the owner. He said, and I quote, "you are taking food from my kids table". I told him folks that bought his boats had kids to feed also and they had done nothing wrong. It worked, he changed the bottom back to the original design. I feel terrible about this whole fiasco, I endorsed thei boats till he changed the bottom design.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/EdgeBoats?fref=ts

If the above does not work, call Waco Boats and talk with the owner, tell him the problem and how you have been ignored by Tim. I have been to their factory, the owner will tell Tim he MUST fix the problem. It is not only a bad impression for Edge, it also reflects on Waco Boats. Tim has about 1/4 of the Waco factory as his section to build boats. Without Waco backing, there would be no Edge boats.
If you want help, I would be happy to help. I will take the pictures, copy you reciept for the date sold, I want you to write every date you went to Lake Area and who you talked with and what you were told. I want documentation, I will fax it to Waco's owner and ask him when this problem will be resolved or give him a cutoff date before he must speak to your attorney. The owner of Waco does not play games, he can kick them out of his facility in a heartbeat. That normally gets them moving, but, I can assure you that the owner of Waco has absolutely no knowledge of your problem.
This is Tim Scott playing games. He will stop the games when it begins to cost him, just like when he changed the bottom. Tim tends to ignore any problems until he is forced to face them. The man is a genius when it comes to designing boats, but, he is a terrible businessman.
D

Last edited by CajunChristian; 01-22-2013 at 07:43 AM.