Thread: 1st responder
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Thanks Frank. I dont mind helping, just dont want to get arrested for being a good person trying to help out a little. Now if they would give me my flare I used (only thought it was necessary because of the road). Its about 4 "s" curves marked at 35mph. No straight away's, just left, right, left, right, left, right, etc. Its a bad curve and people take them 60,70,80+ all the time. This lady was under the speed limit (which is 55) because I was doing just under 50 when I seen her start rolling (and I was gaining on her a little). I told her, "next time, hit the damn deer, it aint worth dying over". She was in good spirits. I did keep "c-spine" in place until more help arrived. More good sumaritans, which turned out to be her mother, father and daughter, of all people was behind me after she flipped. Had dad hold c-spine while I attended her compound open fracture (im assuming this is the correct term) since her arm was broken in half and bone sticking out. Like I said, I splinted it as best I knew how until EMS got there. Felt good to get an "attaboy" from EMS for the splint job. Only part I felt bad about was not giving her a cigarette. I told her she would get one at the ER later.