Thread: Tax time
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I made a mistake (an honest mistake) on my taxes one year and I am not a big baller by any means and they came after me. Long story short: fell from treestand, broke pelvis, owed $40k in medical bills due to no insurance at the time because I thought paying for health insurance was crazy for someone my age. I was able to settle for $10k and never thought anything of it. This was in 2006 I believe. Everything going fine until 2010, I got a letter from IRS stating I owed $8k in back taxes and penalties. The reason was that the $30k was taxable and I didn't report it, didn't know to report it, after all I had just paid $10k outta pocket for being stupid in a treestand. When I got that letter, it was like someone shot my dog. Let me be the first to tell you that the IRS does not play games. There was nothing I could do to try and settle or get them to drop the penalties. Don't frick with the IRS!

we have a guy offshore who has been telling people you dont have to pay taxes on your labor
He made his company take little as possiable out of his check, a said he will turn in his w-2 and not pay any taxes

I popped a bag of popcorn and said!! Ill watch you beat the IRS!!