View Single Post
  #5  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellaBlazer View Post
Lets consider the east side, since it was part of the original discussion.
From what I read, see, and hear most of the east side areas all have multiple access to the gulf in wide open areas with exception Lake P .
I don't think there is a trout population problem at all on the east side, especially that much open access to the gulf.
One thing I have read is the east side has never been know for " trophy trout fishing " I know there is a few spots that hold large trout like Lake P and Venice but you always see numbers of trout coming out of these areas . When you have thousands of smaller trout , its hard to pin point your larger trout I'm sure .

Here is a interesting fact from our side : Back when gill nets were being run in big lake they caught loads of huge trout every day . And I know today even with the extra people fishing, we do not take out more trout a year as when they were gill netting and fishing !

I will stick to my saying , you will never fish out trout with rod n reel
Reply With Quote