View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fisherman View Post
I can't upload the pictures yet. I'm still down on the island. The day started slowly, but picked up when dad caught a 3 1/2 foot bull shark. About an hour later I hooked into a bull shark that went close to five feet! I'm only going by the locals on the bridge, who said they were bulls. I was clueless. After not getting a bite toward Elmer's Island, we went back to the fishing bridge and caught 3 nice sheepshead. One weighed in at six pounds!! We also caught two gaff tops that went better than five pounds. I lost a couple of beasts. One bit through my leader, and the other broke my line as I tried to fight two fish because my dad was talking to someone. By the time he came back, it was too late! It doesn't take much for me to have fun, but today was an absolute, silly blast. And the cool thing is, I didn't even land the bull I was looking for. Thanks for all the tips, and I'll post some pics when I can!
I'd love to get one of my children hooked up with a bull shark. What were y'all using for bait?