Thread: home insulation
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
Yes sir. Thank you very much. I'm not sure who is doing my insulation yet. The guy framing my house is supposed to hook me up with a guy this week and I'm going to see what his recommendations are. Insulation is one of those things I do not mind spending money on. The guy framing my house built his own house and he took me over there to climb around in his attic so I could see his and he had the foam. I think my old house had the cellulose. It looked like regular insulation but sprayed. It was pink. I didn't like that because every time I went up there my allergies went crazy.

the pink and white is blown fiberglass. This is good but allows a lot of airflow a lot of people get cellulose overlayed on top of this to seal off.
It breaths a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
337-990-1191 Chris (Williams Insulation)

Give this guy a call for prices on insulation, gutters and fireplace. I have blown fiberglass which actually feels like cotton in my new house and I went with due to having had cellulose in previous house and getting tired of fighting dust and also cellulose had settled over time. I know they probably make cellulose better now but my dad has this fiberglass in his attic which is 20yrs old and his looks like the day it was installed and he didnt have the dust issue.
This is why you should have a professional install cellulose the machines from lowes/home depot do not inject water. their insulation is really dusty too. I will not blow out of my machine with it.

Our machine injects water into the cellulose while blowing it. This knocks down dust but its main function is to activate a starch inside of the insulation that prevents settling. it also activates the chemicals that make it fire retardant.

http://www.applegateinsulation.com/

this is the company we use they also sell a foam I don't have a website for it but it should be a link. There is a lot of useful info in there though on all the different insulations.

Sorry for the long answers I just have gotten asked a lot of questions while talking to contractors about using us and got tired of giving them the deer in the headlights stare so I started researching