Thread: v. bay sals
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Seatrout, Spotted (Speckled Trout):12 inches minimum total length. 25 fish per person daily bag limit. EXCEPT: 15 fish daily take and possession limit, with no more than two spotted seatrout exceeding 25 inches total length, regardless of where taken, in a defined area of Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes in southwestern Louisiana.

You wanna explain to ME what the limits of trout over 25" is? Please do. Like I said, NICE FISH. Just trying to put back what we take out. Good for your son and his biggest trout to date. Why are people so touchy on this site? One little comment about releasing bigger fish, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon of throwing a hissy fit. It was just an opinion. You keep keeping those big SOWS (not sals???), and I'll keep throwing them back for you to eat. Sounds good?

BD
Since you politely corrected my spelling,Ill politely correct you on your limits. If you'll read it again,you will notice that rule is for cameron and calcasieu parishes. We did not catch these in those parishes. They can only catch 15 trout too. We can keep 25 trout. They can be all "Sows" if we want. Its funny how you were the only one to mention something negative. Kinda sounds a little like a democrap, good job "BUT" there's always something negative thrown in there too. You need to take another good look around next time your in the gulf of the vastness of it, and try to imagine just how many big specks there are out there that will never be caught. But anyway,you just keep putting those big trout back,if your catching them,and we will keep catching them and releasing them right into the grease.