Thread: Vacuum sealer
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I have one from cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products

I got it on sale though. Works way better than my old foodsaver and the 15" bags are a nice feature. Fish doesnt need to be dry at all and I never have to take a break in between sealing fish like I did with the food saver. the manual vaccum and seal buttons are a really nice feature too
I also have the Cabelas CG-15 commercial unit, burnt up 2 Foodsavers, 1 Hamilton Beach and Black and Decker. All cheap ones work but are for occasional use, I use mine a ton with deer sausage and fish roughly 1000 bags/year. It was well worth the money to step up to better unit, other units overheated and had to cool down, Cabelas unit can keep going and has a true 1/4" seal verses 1/16" like cheaper units. It also has manual function which is great for fish. I put my filets in strainer in sink for a bit then seal when most water is gone. Key to vacuum sealing is buying bags in bulk. I order mine from webstaurantstore.com, which is 75% cheaper than buying bags local. Usually pay $15 per hundred 8.5x11 precut commercial bags. Even cheaper if order more

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2