View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Soooooo what ur saying is its gonna b more expensive to have the current plans we have ; and cheaper to get on the Gov plan??
What is the difference in coverage/ available treatments / hospitals etc.?
I believe the government plan from a premium perspective by design will be cheaper than any other option available which will flush people out of current managed care providers.

The rest is just my opinion but I believe the quality of care will decrease and for major medical situations the out of pocket will be more. I believe the government plan will use actuarial tables to determine which types of treatments will be covered based upon age and severity. For example if you were 75, had a disease that only had a 15 percent chance of a cure I believe the focus would be to make you comfortable not cure you.

For a period during my career I was involved in management of a major health care network and these types pf conversations took place even then with no government plan and lack of funding. This was simply based upon greed and profit.

Again just my opinion....

Why do you think congress refused to be part of the plan? They passed it for "us" but they aren't going to put their family on it. I wonder why?