View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I know exactly where that spot is. It is actually 3 ponds that are seperated by some grass but it used to be one big pond. The middle pond is a killer. I used to smoke the greys in there with a few mallards and teal mixed in. It was a great hole. Greys would come from way up and just bomb in wanting the pond big time. It was the easiest duck hunting in the world. About 15 yards of grass to walk through then you were in the pond. I even had a small boat I would leave out there and we would load all our **** in it and go across the pond to the south side of it cuz thats where the ducks would always want to go. We used to hunt every day the reserve was open. Then a bunch of clowns heard all our shots and started boom scouting. Next thing I know, they started beating me there. Must have been getting there before 4am cuz we werent far from 4 am when we got there. I hunted one of the holes next to it since I got beat to the good hole and what I saw was devastating. Ducks wanting that south side of the pond and these yahoos are set up on the east side shooting them at 100 yards instead of just moving to the spot the birds wanted to go. They would cripple 1 or 2 from every other flock. I said thats it I'm done with this circus, I'll go to my other spot that aint as good. Whenever I would pass that hole, there would be about 4 boats parked in it like there was a sign saying "come bang Jennifer Anniston". Boats would flock to this hole. Your boat doesn't look like one of the boats that was there when I quit hunting it. I remember the main boat had a Mega 25 on it. It was always there. Those jackasses even poured water in my buddys gas tank because he beat them to the hole we had been hunting in the first place.
Ah the joys of Public Land hunting. They should allow the public, not jack***es.