Thread: Johnson Bayou
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744
Default Johnson Bayou

I've posted before about fishing the Holly Beach area and got great advice. Going down that way Saturday. Looks like the wind is gonna pick up for that day but its either Saturday or not at all. So we want to have a backup plan for getting off the beach if the wind is too much.

Last month we were down there and the beach wasn't producing. It was too dang windy. We caught a too small trout, 2 reds and 3 flounder from the pond at Little Florida but fishing access there is limited.

Anyway I was told about a place somewhere north of Johnson Bayou High School. Unfortunately the directions were pretty vague and I don't know how reliable his info is. Something about turning by the school and a stop sign. I don't want to waste half the day trying to find somewhere to fish.

I've looked at satellite on google and what not and see a few places along Bayou Rd. It looks like some sort of industry/facility at the end of it. And possibly a place just north of Hamilton Lake on 548. (Just from looking at satellite views. I'm not familiar with the area at all.)

Anybody got any advice on any places around Johnson Bayou? No boat so it will have to be accessible by foot. Like I say, we gonna fish the rocks at the beach if the wind will let us. I just want to have an alternative so we don't get skunked on the beach.. Again.

Thanks in advance guys.