View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGV View Post
I use this set for night fishing on Vernon lake for crappie(Sacaulait)and it works perfect. 30 foot of water and I have fish 4' under the lights. Maybe you think what you have is the only thing that works but I also know this set works. Never tried it in salt water yet but I do know some of my best light fishing has been under dim platform lights. I will have to just try it out and see if it works on BL.
two different worlds.

If you notice those dim lights on a platform, they are way up in the air. height makes up for a lot of sins. lol We used to run the lights about 2' off the water. now we put them on poles to get them 5 or 6 feet off.

I have been doing this with the father of night fishing for the last 15 years. We have tried it all. the perfect set up is 4 1500 watt metal halides. It takes the big honda 6500 watt inverter to run them. that is an over $4000 generator. you can run them with a standard generator but you will have to yell at each other on the boat.

you can go and have success at night with no lights but if you want to be able to get the bite going on almost any night ........ more is better.