View Single Post
  #12  
Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Mako19's Avatar
Mako19 Mako19 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 2,365
Cash: 2,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathauler View Post
I cook them several times a year and 350 for 5-6 hrs should be good. The best tips I can give you is

1. put a layer of foil over the pig to not have direct heat or it will burn the top. For the last 45 min or so take foil off and watch it closely not to scortch top.

2. I always put skin up when cooking it

3. Don't add 2 much wood and keep the wood in center of tray r you will be buying ur friend a new micro wave. It will burn wood sides if you load the wood up

4. Every hour r so the ash will insulate the burn tray and not let heat go down. You will need to use screen and empty ash out of tray.

5. Might want to line the inside of box with foil for a easier clean up.

6. Start with charcoal and add wood pieces after that.
Thank you.

This is great advice and things that I would not have known.
Reply With Quote