View Single Post
  #1  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
southern151's Avatar
southern151 southern151 is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 8,705
Cash: 3,646
FlagUS Big Day, this Saturday!

Man, I am pumped and, nervous! This Saturday, in concert with a great group of friends, staff and, supporters, my collision center has the great honor of feeding the Nat. Guard 927th before they deploy to Afghanistan for the next 13 months! We will be feeding 90 troops, their wives and, kids!

This deal has been a long time coming and, I guess, with the reality REALLY setting in on how many people my friends and, I are feeding, I may be a little jitterish!

I have to say that I am truly honored and humbled to be surrounded by such great men and, brave families! Yeah, I have a bit of a twitch right now but, my only true hope is that, in 13 months, we can feed the same 90 men when they ALL get home! I know that I will be there when they get back, big smoker pouring it out the stack!

I will do what I can to get pics this weekend, families permitting and, of course, I'll post a full report. This is way better than a fishing trip, in my mind!
Reply With Quote