Thread: Vasectomy
View Single Post
  #23  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM
swamp snorkler's Avatar
swamp snorkler swamp snorkler is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raceland
Posts: 6,732
Cash: 3,580
Default

I had it done. I worked Friday till noon, went to the Dr at 2:30 and was out by 4. I was awake the whole time. Back to work Monday. I was doing manual labor at the time. So I iced them on the way to work and on the way home.

Get 3 or 4 bags of peas; rotate them in and out the freezer. I found lima beans worked the best they seemed to stay cold the longest.

You have to wear a jock strap when you leave the office and keep one on for 2 days.

You do have to shave it down to the skin but it's not a problem, makes it look like it grew an inch.

My Dr. wrapped a rubber band around it then took the rubber band and passed it through the handle of hemostats, and then I had to clip them on my shirt to keep it out the way from what the knife.

They give you 2 shots on each side make a small incision pull out the vas deferens tubes, snip them clip them and cauterize them, stick them back in and you get 2 stiches, one on the inside and one on the outside.


It’s not bad, try to get it done on a Thursday or Friday; rest all weekend with them iced up and take it easy. It’s a lot easier on the man than a woman getting her tubes tied.
Reply With Quote