View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

This isn't a beat up the cop day, or find screwed up **** on the internet day.

In this specific case the man was carrying his 9 month old child, he was not harming the child, he was not harming his neighbor's, he was not harming himself. At worst he was having mental breakdown and screaming obscenities / threats.

A police officer made an aimed shot on the guys head. Now i am a damned good shot, but i know that if i am aiming at something's head rather than center mass... it's going to be a aimed / careful shot / not a quick defensive one. When you add in that the guys was holding a child? am I supposed to presume that the officer would take less time making that shot? hell no... if he's a sane and stable officer then he would be even more careful making the shot... who the heck would want to accidentally kill a baby?

I have to find fault with the officer here.... He used a grossly unnecessary level of force that ended up killing a man who was doing nothing more wrong than having a bad day. In the process he endangered the life of a 9 month old child.

I get that your saying we shouldn't jump to conclusions but this is what the PD and the other officers at the scene say happened ( I mean if i can't trust the police's version of events what the hell)

Assuming that the other officers are not lying about what the shooter did, I can't see anyone condoning what this officer did.

FFF, i am not using this as an excuse to demonize you, I have said and recognize that the good you guys do is amazing. Anyone that thinks anything less should go walk down a ghetto street in detroit wearing a gold watch and see how long they last.

I am saying that this cop is way the hell out of line, and I would hope that most cops wouldn't want him anywhere near them.