View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
I've hunted the wax all my life. It is one of the most difficult, frustrating and rewarding places I've ever hunted. Some days I can do nothing wrong others I struggle the whole day. I try to go into a hunt with a plan but due to conditions those are often thrown out of the window. This year I've moved back across to the Delta side and it's the same. Last weekend for the youth hunt I had prepared and scouted. I had a plan in place and was ready to put my boys on birds. Saturday morning I pulled into my spot and BAM! 4 other boats hunting it! DANG! We made the most of it and killed birds but after a few hours the tide started to drop. I up was set up closest to the entrance and barely made it out. The other boats didn't fare as well. I don't think they were able to get out until Later that day when the tide came back up. That is the story with that area. You better be aware of the water and be ready to move quick or be prepared to wait on the next tide to come up. Mud motors can only do so much and the sand out there...... It eats them for lunch.
Xxx20 on the sand eating up them mud motors every year I wind up watching a mud motor or two or four running across the flats and counting down the seconds it takes for them to come to a complete stop and stay there the rest of the day waiting on tide.