View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
There is one recipe from my child hood dearly missed and try as I might I can't find it. I grew up in Port Barre and the older "maw-ma's" made an amazing pecan cake. It was yellow cake made in an oblong pan. Sometimes split with a thread into 2 layers. The frosting was this amazing chopped pecan sweet creamy topping that stayed soft or well firm but not hard. Folks usta f9ight for the corners as they had nore frosting than the rest. I remember waking up one time on Christmas eve before daylight sneaking to the kitchen passing the presents um touched to swipe 2 corners ofn mama's pecan cake she had prepared for the Christmas dinner. The spanking was almost worth it the next morning for the amazing cake. My mom was good about recipes and I have most of her favorites but she is gone now aS IS ALL THE OLD GALS WHO KNEW IT. Any one knows of anything that sounds similar I would be eternally grateful. I have experimented many times with ingredients but have never gotten it exactly right.
Use Duncan Hines yellow BUTTER recipe cake mix. Follow directions and bake in rectangular pan.

Your icing;
12 oz of evaporated milk
2 sticks of melted butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of toasted pecans chopped
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Combine milk, sugar and bring to very slow boil for 10 minutes. Add butter and rest of ingredients cook for additional 3 minutes. Pour over warm, baked cake. Should do it.