View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728
Default Quick solo limit before school this morning!

Went out this morning expecting it to be hot and muggy with a big south wind, and it was. Put out the flappers and went to park the bike. When I parked the bike though things had changed. The wind had turned to the north and was blowing like it was mad. Got in the blind and as soon as I could see, which was a couple minutes after shooting time a big grey had found it's way into my decoys and was dispatched handily. Not long after, I thought I heard was sounded like a duck on the water but couldn't see any. When I saw them, they saw me. A pair of blue wing teal had lit with my decoys about 10 yards from the blind and they took off. Luckily into the wind and I was able to knock them both down, although the second one took me about 5 shots to finally finish her off. Then a break in the action as a group of snows and blues flew over low enough for me to consider hollering at em but to no avail. Then I heard a snipe or something behind me and turned around to see a pair of green wings banking over my decoys with some other little mystery bird in tow. They lit and I took them out. Once I got back settled I saw some kind of larger looking bird coming towards me at almost eye level over the stubble and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a duck or not so I just got down and waited to see what it would do. As soon as it got to the edge of the pond it cupped its wings and put it's feet down and I saw the belly of another grey duck and took her out. Was done a 6:37

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk