Thread: Day 2
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Day 2

The day started out like this. The flag out straight and not having to tie my boat to the dock. The wind held it there. We were bundled up and never took much off all day. The fog was not with us as yesterday but the cold and high wind took over. When I first got to where I wanted to go the water was dirty and white caps. I found some rozos on the other side of the bay to hide behind. Nothing happening. Starting to think about running to another area all together after a second move when we get our first fish.

A black drum but the skunk is off. I move about 100 feet more where the water is a bit clearer and we have a trout in the box. Going to be a slow day but no other place to go due to conditions. A few more trout jump aboard.

We are just passing time picking away and trying to keep out of the wind. We did not have to worry about being cold because things got heated up and continued for the rest of the day.

It started like this.

and kept going

on

and

on

I even got into the act

They all went 20 to 27 pounds. In between the over 12 bull reds we caught we broke off another 6 or so. While all this bull fighting was going on we were putting some trout in the boat along with drum and sheepshead.

This guy decided to flip off the box and onto the deck. His dorsal fin went through my boot and into my ankle as he bounced off me. The result when I removed the boot.

They will leak now but the ankle is fine.

A recap of the day. Cold windy very overcast to the point if it were not windy we would have had very dense fog all day. The bite was slow but steady and these guys were the icing on the cake.

All were released but we still had 25 trout, 3 black drum, and 2 sheepshead.

2 very good days with these guys. A lot of good fishing memories and eats to bring back to Texas and Canada.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM