View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrab1989 View Post
All I'm saying is when y'all's dogs pick up 7 to 800 birds a year in the most thickest **** u have ever seen gets cut up lips around but still has the heart to go an never seen a trainer an that works an listens better than most kids an you don't need a whistle around ur neck or stand up out the blind so the dog can see you to tell it witch way to go an still gets the job done so u don't have to get out the blind an can hunt in a marsh in the morning an then in the afternoon go to the rice field an pick up a limit of specks an work just as good now that's a good dog. I have seen first hand dogs work wonderful in the marsh then u put the in a rice field an they suck or the other way around but when u got a dog that does both yea that's a real dog
I haven't hunted with a dog like this. No sarcasm intended at all, but how does the dog manage? Does he mark 360 degrees around the area and never have to run a blind retrieve? Does he just start the hunt it up process 20yds from the blind and start making big circles throughout the field/marsh until he winds the bird? Or do you just send him back and sit down and wait for him to show up with the bird? I'm having trouble imagining how you control your dog.

I've owned/hunted with rock dogs and ribbon dogs, but it sure is easier to carry a whistle than have 6 lbs of limestone in my shell bucket. But it may be that I'm just not a good thrower, idk.