View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
GERALD

this can be a problem. alot of the people leave when this happens we have been going for so long that we always stay during thanksgiving...you don't ever know till like a week before. i have several spots that i hunt just in case where i scouted is closed....alot of times i just go into kisa****ie because of this. they don't close it and there are just as many deer... we have good luck there always kill deer just got to put in alittle time.

Last year we got there and everything was closed in Fort Polk. we had camp ground to our self. we had pick of the woods in kisatchie too..
don't think it opened up to much last year ought to be full of deer this year....Just steer clear of RED LEG thats my spot
The one time I went to the "Check-in" building, they told me that they did not know what would be open until they got the word each morning. And I think I was told that the building did not open until 6 AM......way too late to hunt early.

Another thing.....the map that they gave me was terrible. I could not even figure out how to get out of the Base area. I just had to drive around some and figure out which road would take me the direction I wanted to go. I wonder if I still have that map somewhere?

Campground……is this on the south side of Fort Polk?