Thread: "Green" bullets
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
It makes sense to protect ducks in sensitive areas if the "cost" is limited to increased recreational expenses for the hunter and reduced ammunition effectiveness.

But does it make sense to reduce the effectiveness of the ammunition our soldiers and Marines depend on when the data showing an environmental need is much less compelling?
Lead pellet ingestion is what I am referring to, not lead bullets. Steel shot has come a long ways and its not even an issue anymore to kill ducks with it.
I have no information on the 'green' bullets the military is supposed to be phasing in, and I doubt anyone on this site knows anything about it - military doesn't go around spouting out their new technologies. The author of this article just quoted a bunch of folks that assumed that these new bullets are going to be less effective and have no sources of information to back that up. Its what the media does nowadays to get ratings - its working, I have seen this article posted on every hunting/fishing site I view