View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyI View Post
My lemon tree is a Myers, about 8 years old, and I get ave 16-20 5 gallon buckets of lemons each year. We juice some & freeze, slice some and freeze (just like fresh when you take them out), and then try to give the rest away. Had 12 5gal buckets to give away this year, picked them, put them under carport and told people to come get um. Nooooooo, they want you to bring them to them. Ha, if they can't come getum, they won't getum, unless they special to us.
I know what you mean, my dad gives shallots to about 7 family members and a few neighbors and they never have time to help pick and cut them but they sure want them a few days later when they know they can get a bag of dem in da freezer dats already cut up and bagged for em.

he don't mind much cuz how much can one houshold use, so it gives him something to do like cutting the grass but he does give em a sideways glance when they start with the baloney excuses why they couldnt find the time to pick their own and cut em up themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
Yep, hafta be very careful with them weedeaters. The (sap stream) life of the tree is right under the bark layer.
gonna have to do something with mine because I regularly get within an inch of them with the lawn mower and lightly skinned them a few times last summer. I didn't realize a small knick could hurt them that bad.

im no gardener so whats the best mulch to get and how much do i put around them 1-2" or 3- 4" or just make a big mound using the whole bag?

and should I get down and peel away all the grass and grass roots I can first of just dump the mulch on top and pull anything that pops up?

Last edited by keakar; 02-15-2014 at 11:10 PM.