View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Dog, I would be very careful putting any additives in your tank. Most will clog your racor filters with dead microbes. I would look for a mobile fuel polishing system to go to your boat and polish your fuel. From then on only use Valvtech diesel from local marinas; they already have special additives to prevent most algea and sludge build-up in your tank. Most diesel start to breakdown 120 days after refining! Keep your tanks full. avoids water in your tanks and then use the boat as often as you can. Most problems with fuel comes from boat sitting up for extended periods. If that boat hasn't been used in 2 years get rid of the fuel in those tanks!
Yep yep and yep.
My thoughts too. Additives can degrade your tanks. Alcohol ESP. On the fiberglass tanks.
Also got any names on polish guys.
Another thing is valvtech a red diesel.
Yes sitting does a lot more than grow alge in diesel it rusts cylinders and other componits of big motors

It seems a few places have red for boats but I never heard the valv thing mentiond.

Above posts........

Yep red diesel is tax different but off road ,farm trucks, etc can use it including oil rigs.

If the little green bottle has alcohol in it I will never touch it but I plan to look it up and see what's in it.

My big ideer was mainly higher sulfides as 1970 N72's were made for 1970's diesel which smelled like rotten eggs if any of you are old enough to remember.
They run better with the red stuff which has higher sulfer.

Heck I wonder if some of you are old enough to have noticed the trucks running like crap when they started takeing the sulfer out.

Anywho thanks guys I was about to remove post as no one replied for days.