View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
All this time I thought you just sold a bunch of pottery at the farmers markets to be able to afford a sportfisher. Hope it all works out for you
I did a lot of things. An I can't do most of them anymore. I am and have a disability. Part of which is a situation that will result in a surgery some time in the future. I will have a scar from my ars hole to my head. It's a mater of anatomy and as I refuse to get cut while I still can get around I can't lift all that clay stuff anymore. I might be able to throw a pot or two but that's it. I can do much any more. My plan is to fish as much as I can and that intales driveing the boat and putting a rag tag crew on deck. I don't have much hope for finding a neuro surgeon I trust but I meet with one in three weeks for a better idea of how long I can go and what treatments I can continue with. The only meds avalable here in La. Are addictive ware as in Co. I was doing better with alternative treatments.
Pottery was a good way to put my mind to rest. Especially when I started thinking of things to come. But now I am left with fishing.
So we will see.
The pluses for living on a boat out way those of a big house and yard especially now.
Although I miss pottery and growing wild oyster mushrooms. I now look forward to fresh tuna and visits to dominican republic. Jamaca, hati, keys, and cruseing with jimmy Buffett on the stero.
So if you bought a piece of pottery keep it safe and use it as much as u can. It's a piece of acadiana realized threw lost techniques and a love for the art. I thought my self to be able to do what I did and am proud of the fact no one else has showed me a piece with the same tech. And oragen. I have seen pieces as old as 200 years that Match the clay but no other modern pieces. True Cajun pottery. Like no other. A little tidbit about the clay is the small fish scales that are incorporated with natural gold colored mica and roots from long dead oak trees.all things you would see if you dug your own clay from the vermilion and the bay.
Also if you find one of my Griss Griss dolls you might want to take it seriously due to the ties to the area. There is a seriously large amount of strength and heredity behind them. Not a rag doll with bows and trinkets but something taken from the earth and fashioned into a tool for use by only the right people.

Now back to diesel and sulfides .