View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 461

The 5.0 is a peppy engine and I really like the exhaust tone but that engine is not in in the same league as an Ecoboost. The Ecoboost is a freak and is closer in power to the 6.2L. I had a 5.0L company truck and I owned a tuned F150 3.5L Ecboost 4x4 crew and traded it in for a '14 GMC Sierra Z71 crew. Yes the ecoboost was tuned, had intake and exhaust and easily made over 400hp at the crank but even stock it pulled my 22ft boat better than the GMCs 355hp 5.3L V8. Both trucks do a fine job towing and any truck you buy with a V8 or V6turbos will tow a 21ft boat just fine. Daily driving my GMC gets about 17/21 mpg when the Eco got about 14/19mpg average...again it was tuned w/ exhaust & intake...towing both got around 9mpg. I loved the engine in my F150 and it was a rocket but I didn't love the rattles and squirrley shifts from the transmission and turbolag of the Ecoboost...but no major problems. IMO, the Sierra is hands down a better built, more quiet, better rididing & better driving truck than the F150.