Thread: Weirs
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
Can't believe that people are so stubborn to believe that the control of the wiers is not for ducks It's a big money game
And what experience do you have with it that leads you to this belief?

I have heard this hear-say on this forum for years now, and not once has anyone provided any proof to this idea, not once has anyone provided a name or contact number for someone that does know. I personally know the land managers for 2 of the largest land-holding companies in the Cameron-Creole, and both are first and foremost concerned with the health of that marsh as a whole, and not just for ducks.

So, unless someone can provide proof to the contrary, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Is the marsh managed for ducks? Sure, but only as part of the holistic management of the marsh. To say any wetland in Louisiana is not managed for waterfowl, especially given the fact that a portion of Cameron-Prairie Refuge is behind those weirs, would be false. But, to say that waterfowl is the ONLY driving force when there are guided fishing trips, alligator hunting, and duck hunting (among other activities) going on back there is plain ignorant.