View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
you know it man, i am learning too, i try to help where i can but sometimes i post a reply just to learn something too, that is why i make sure to mention the fact that "I AM NOT SURE" when posting certain things

on that note, you should be able to tell the difference by price, synthetic oil should be more expensive than regular oil, unless the price has come down
im gonna hafta look around again, I think there maybe was a synthetic blend straight 30w but I know there was nothing straight weight in full synthetics.

I just figured since it only takes 1 quart why not put the full synthetic in it because it makes all engines run better, quieter and smoother but I guess when it comes to mowers just stick to the cheap stuff is the way to go.

what do you guys think of my idea to go to 40w in it? good idea or not? at this point there is not a need and I usually only do this when engines start to smoke or use oil but im thinking it might be better protection but I don't know much about small engines other then I can take em apart and fix em but im just guessing 40w might work better at keeping this lubbed