View Single Post
  #12  
Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 AM
fishinpox's Avatar
fishinpox fishinpox is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: baton rouge
Posts: 8,470
Cash: 5,466
Default

When I'm rig fishing for trout I look for
1) shell bottom
2) moving water
3) bait
4) dirty water doesn't bother me if its at least 20' deep because it will be clean toward the bottom
5) enough current but not more than where u have to use more than 3/8 - 1/2 oz jig head .
6) I start on tge down current side usually and present tge bait at different angles until I get a strike .
7) if there are blue fish or Spanish mackerel I try to cast past them let my bait sink then jig it into the trout strike zone . It that doesn't shake tge trash bite I leave because all bluefish n Spanish do is cost tackle
Reply With Quote