View Single Post
  #5  
Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 AM
keakar's Avatar
keakar keakar is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Laplace
Posts: 1,869
Cash: 1,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
What's the difference btw a 3 blade and a 4 blade prop for your out board motor. I've also seen a 5 blade prop. What prop do you have on your boat? [emoji481][emoji101][emoji101][emoji101][emoji101]
I have been told that 5 blade props are used exclusively for high speed top end so its mostly bass boats and race boats that use em.

I was also told bigger heavier boats might do better with 4 blade props but the average boat doesn't need anything more then 3 blades unless there are other contributing factors requiring more stern lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I could be wrong, but wouldn't the hull have to be modified to tabs installed to be able to plane at lower speeds?
in most cases this is the better solution but more blades will add more stern lift from the prop so it can help you plan better at slower speeds
Reply With Quote