Thread: VBAY 8/9
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,752
Default VBAY 8/9

Left out of ICY with Crawl79 and another buddy. Made our first stop and it was fish on, but dang near all white trout. Left there with 28 specks and 17 white trout and went to spot #2. It was fish on from the second cast. We finished our 3 man trout limit with more white trout mixed in. We each caught a minimum of 100 white trout, sometimes two at a time on double rigs.

Spot #1 wanted the bait bounced off the bottom. Spot #2 produced only white trout when bounced off the bottom, the specks wanted a slow retrieve on top. Color didn't matter too much as long as you had chartreuse in it. We caught on H&H cocahoes, TTF Trout killers, sand eels, Lil C's, etc, etc,

Well, at spot #2 i broke off, so i grabbed my other rod which had a mirrodine tied on. i was about to cut it, but the trout were biting on top so i started casting it. I was slinging a trout up into the boat when it thrashed and came off. The bait slung behind me where a buddy was fishing, so i jerked my pole down to sling it back into the water. Well, i slung it into the back of my head instead.... i pulled one hook out, but the other was buried too deep. I iced it down and popped the hook back through my scalp. Crawl crimped the barb, and i backed it out. I drank a beer, and commenced to mashing on them trout again!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (77.7 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (83.0 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (73.0 KB, 489 views)