water softeners
I have bought two for my old house(well water) and current house(city water). I bought both from an online retailer. Apluswaterllc.com was the one I used. Get your water tested and size softener accordingly. Also get a carbon filter tank and install it before the softener. I installed each softener myself and saved almost $1500 each. I will never own a house without one. The only difficult issue is installing one on city water because you have to install a loop. If you don't know what's loop is then research on the web. Doing it all yourself and buying online will save you tons of $$$. The only key it to figure out a drain for the brine solution to go when it is used in the regeneration process. It's 50-70 gallons. And you will need a 110v outlet to power the control head. I have a Fleck 5600 Demand softener. Regenerates every 2500 gallons or 7 days, whichever comes first. I just changed my carbon media in my tank after one year and my wife could not believe how nasty it was. It was an oily black residue. And I'm on city water. And FYI, city water has the same amount of chlorine as I keep in my pool. And no one in their right mind would drink pool water other than my labs.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Paulox86; 10-01-2014 at 10:12 AM.
|